Ten years ago in January 2011, my sister and I agreed to run our first marathon together (Disney Marathon). I had no idea what to expect on race day, but once I crossed the finish line I knew that this would not be my last marathon. It didn’t hurt that I had just run in a particularly fun location!
Since then, my runners high has carried me through 21 more marathons, one ultra marathon, and many more half marathons. I have found that, much like anyone else, my life has been filled with many highs and lows, but running has always been there for me. Each race has been its own unique experience, and I learned a lot from each race. Stay tuned for more marathon and half marathon recaps!
My marathon journey:
- Disney Marathon (3:39): January 9th (recap here)
- Providence Marathon (4:08): May 1st
- Philadelphia, PA (3:37): November 20th (recap here)
- New Orleans Rock n Roll (3:44): March 4th (recap here)
- Philadelphia Marathon (3:49): November 18th (recap here)
- Miami Marathon (4:34): January 27th (recap here)
- Chicago Marathon (5:04): October 13th (recap here). Hamstring injury mid-race & walked last 6 miles!
- Plymouth Plantation Marathon (4:19): November 17th
- Disney Marathon (4:12): January 12th
- Los Angeles Marathon (4:27): March 9th (recap here). HOT race.
- Philadelphia Marathon (4:03): November 23rd (recap here)
- Big Cottonwood Canyon (3:33), Utah: September 12th (recap here). Started working with a coach for this one!
- Marine Corps Marathon (3:58): October 25th (recap here)
- Miami Half Marathon (Current half PR, 1:40): January 24th (recap here)
- Phoenix, AZ: (Current marathon PR, 3:31): February 27th (recaps here and here)
- Boston Marathon (4:06): April 18th (read about it here, recap here)
- Ontario, Canada (5:07): July 16ht: North Face Endurance Challenge Ultra (read about it here and lessons learned here)
- England Trail Marathon: Andover Road Runners Trail Marathon (read about it here)
- Wineglass (3:54): Corning, NY: October 2 (read about it here)
- Canyon City Marathon (3:59): Azuza, CA: November 12 (read about it here)
- Barcelona: Sitges Half Marathon: January 15th
- Austin Half Marathon: February 19th (recap here)
- Boston Marathon (3:47): April 17th (recap here)
- North Face Endurance Challenge 50k (9:52): June 10 (first ultra, recap here)
- Marine Corps Marathon (3:46): October 22 (working on recap!)
- None this year as I was pregnant and a new mom to baby #1!
- Was supposed to run a marathon in Seattle but those plans were cancelled when I found out I was pregnant with baby #2 :)
- Pandemic year!
- Wasatch Marathon, Utah (3:38): April 30th (recap here!)
Thank you for reading through ’till the end & stay tuned for more races and recaps! :)