Happy Friday all! I had a great time with my girls last night. No pictures were taken, but it was full of laughs, wine, and discussions about online dating- a topic that I love! Following a day of work today, bed time will probably be 7pm after last night. Hope you guys have more lively Friday plans!
I have received some additional questions from fellow bloggers and runner friends about my favorite running gear. Over the years, I have experimented with many different outfits, brands, fuel options, electronics, and other running gear. The list below includes the items in which I currently rotate, including some recently-tested items and winter running gear.
- Brooks GTS Adrenaline 14 & 15 (I own both and rotate between both). I am looking forward to trying the 16’s soon!
- Garmin 310XT watch: large face so you can see your time while running, lightweight. Watch has some glitches, but is easy to reset. Boyfriend prefers the Garmin Forerunner 15, which is less bulky.
- Apple Ipod shuffle: This small music device seems almost weightless, and clips well on sports bras/shirts/shorts for both men and women. It is not too pricey, has functioned very well for me so far! The only negative is that you cannot digitally see the songs that are playing, but you don’t want to fuss with that while on a run anyway!
- Yurbud headphones: These babies have taken quite a beating in all elements, and still fit well in the ears. Highly recommend these!
*Winter Running Gear:
Running hats/gloves: I stick to Brooks apparel, and typically purchase these items on runningwarehouse.com. You can’t go wrong with Brooks or Running Warehouse (free shipping/returns with pre-labeled packing slip!)
- Oiselle Women’s Meter Tights: I found these on Running Warehouse, and love how they hug my waist and legs. The wide waistband has a scalloped front which provides an accurate fit around curves.
- Brooks Women’s Greenlight Tight: The material feels soft against your skin and hugs your body in all the right areas. These tights also have storage pockets for keys, etc. Love them!
*Spring, Summer, Fall Running Gear:
- Lululemon speed shorts
- Saucony shorts- any fit works
Shirts & tanks:
- Lululemon swiftly tech long sleeve crew
- Brooks drift 1/2 zip- perfect for cooler runs
- Brooks dash 1/2 zip- has a loose but flattering fit
- Lululemon cool racerback tank
- All other clothing (favorite brands are Brooks and Saucony): http://www.runningwearhouse.com
- GU (chocolate, vanilla, and salted caramel are my favorite flavors, although I recently tried a salted watermelon and thought it was also delicious!)
- Honey Stinger Waffles: I eat these before races, rather than during as they are a bit hard to carry given their size. They are light on my stomach and give you some last-minute extra calories as needed, with a lot of taste.
- Honey Stinger Chews: I recently tried a handful of these delicious chews before a run (cherry flavor), and was instantly hooked. I proceeded to buy a 24 pack on runningwarehouse.com. These organic chews are sweetened with honey, so if you can stomach fruit before a run, you will most likely stomach these as well. I also find them a bit easier to eat during a long run compared to squeezing a GU, but continue to use both as fuel.
- Running belt: I wear a Spibelt (original model) during runs (training and racing) to conveniently carry my phone/GU/keys/money etc. I find the stretchy waist belt very comfortable.
- Foam roller: I have used a variety of different foam roller models over the years, but my current favorite is the “Trigger Point” foam roller. This high-density foam roller has just enough firmness to massage my always-tight muscles.
- Running stick: They say that this is a “toothbrush for runners”. I am not sure about that, but the stick helps me self-massage muscles! Sticks have a variety of flexibility, but I use the firm model.
So that is my list of current favorite gear– what are some of your favorite clothing/fuel/other running items?
What are your weekend plans? Mine include a holiday party on Saturday night and a half marathon on Sunday!
Anyone racing this weekend?