This shortened work week has been a good one so far, but I am eager to get home for Christmas!
Workouts this week include:
- 7 miles on Tuesday
- Speed workout today- 2-mile warm-up, followed by 3x1200m @10K pace 400m recovery, 2x400m @ 5K pace 400m recovery, and a 2-mile cool-down. I found the speed work to be challenging, especially after the 20 miler this weekend and two additional runs.
- 8 miles tomorrow at home (in shorts and a tank, as it may be almost 70 degrees in the Boston area!!)
- 18 miles at some point this weekend. I am very thankful that the weather has been record-breaking warm here in New England—it has made this training cycle much easier so far!
Another shot of Boston common- in December!
My family decided to do a Secret Santa this year instead of buying gifts for everyone, so that has cut out most of the stress of holiday gift buying! Besides getting through the tough workouts, I am looking forward to the following this week:
- Seeing this little guy (my sister and brother-in-law’s puppy named Rio). At roughly 9 months old now, Rio has grown a LOT since this summer! Here he is at my hometown’s 4th of July Road Race:
Rio looking like an adult in this picture!
- Spending time with my family and going for walks around my favorite park at home.
- And eating a lot of delicious food.
Aren’t these desserts the cutest? My friend brought them to the party last weekend- strawberry santas!
Speaking of food, have you tried Trader Joe’s ravioli? Mark and I stocked up on all kinds of TJ food the last time we shopped there, and finally pulled this out last night. It was delicious, and I felt that it was still seasonally-accurate given the warm, fall-ish weather outside.
Enjoy the rest of your week!!
What are your plans for the holiday?
Does anyone celebrate Boxing Day? Mark and I will with his family on Saturday, as his Grandma is from London. Fruit trifle, Mince Pie, and Christmas pudding anyone?
Any dog people? What kind do you have? I love dogs but am on the fence about getting one while living in my small Boston condo…one day! I would love a dog as a running buddy!